What you need in your wedding photography contract
- License to all your engagement and wedding pictures, so you can use them in cards, and reprint them.
- Copies of your pictures on a CD or flash drive in high resolution so you can enlarge them to whatever size you want. How many copies and how you will receive them? Prints, albums, gallery wraps, enlarged photos, thank you cards etc. Is an engagement shoot part of the package? How will you receive those photos? – It is also important to discuss how many pictures you can expect to get in your final CD.
- An estimate of when you will receive your photos 6-8 weeks, 3-4 months etc. How many changes/tweaks are allowed. What is the estimated design time as well as the production time.
- What are the parameters and costs for timings if you go over or start at a later time on the day of your wedding.
- If the photographer should fall ill, what is the contingency plan? A refund in this case would not suffice. Are they going to provide another photography of equal skill?
- BONUS TIP: Ask how will you protect my photos long term? Will you store them?
Photo Credit: Binita Patel Photography