Welcome Bags for an Indian wedding
Welcome bags have become a must have for Indian weddings. The bags are perfect opportunity to let your personalities shine and share the things you love, along with providing some basic needs for your guests. You might have had to give in with the caterer or pare down on the floral arrangements, but you can have your way with the welcome bags! Here are some ideas and inspiration to help you create the perfect welcome bag for your guests.
Must have items:
- 2 Water bottles
- Agenda for the weekend complete with timeline, addresses and any important contact information
- 2 Snacks
- Welcome/Thank you note: Let your guests know that you appreciate them taking the trip to come for your wedding
Optional items and ideas:
- Wedding emergency kit: bobby pins, safety pins, advil, tissues
- Granola bars
- Chocolate or candy
- Alcohol nips
- Chap Stick/Lip Balm
- Hand Sanitizer/Wet Ones/Wet Naps
- Local attractions brochures (grab these from your visitors bureau)
- Local items: What is the city/town known for? For Massachusetts you could do Cape Cod chips)
- For New York you could have: Apples, York Peppermint Patties, Subway map, Black & White cookies
- Cookies or Candies from your favorite shop
- Personalized bag
- Decorative gift bag
- Recyclable bag: Avoid using your monogram or personalizing it with your wedding date if it is a reusable bag. Are your guests going to walk around with a bag that says Sheila and Amir? Instead use a design: a lotus, paisley, city skyline.
Depending on how many meals you are providing for your guests you can fill the welcome bag to the max with snacks or just provide a few late night options.
Make sure you take the time to speak to the hotel managers where your guests are staying so you can figure out the best way to distribute the bags. Do you want the staff to give to your guests upon check in, in a conference room near the lobby, or have them placed in each individual guest room earlier in the day? Also, discuss how many bags per room should be given out. Couple gets one bag, Family of 4 gets two bags, etc.
Thank you for visiting our Indian wedding site! What items will you be adding to your Welcome bag?