Many brides are able to go abroad for their wedding shopping. I was fortunate enough to be able to have the time and ability to make that trip with my mom and sister. We love going to India, eating street food, walking around, visiting our family’s farm and of course the shopping. This trip is different; we can’t afford to be lackadaisical about our trip. After speaking with my cousins, friends and Shaadi Bazaar Brides who have gone to India to shop, we come up with a massive list of stores to visit and what to prepare before we go. For the list click here.
- Step 1: Make a shopping list of everything wedding related item you need. I made a few spreadsheets: one with everyone’s sizes, items I needed to purchase, colors of items needed
- Step 2: Make a realistic budget and cut your list where you need to
- Step 3: Bring samples and photos. Take your pinterest board and print the pictures of outfits and jewelry that you like. If you have a specific color, purchase ribbon in the colors of your wedding décor and colors for my outfits
- Step 4: Talk to people you know that have gone to India, many people recommended New Delhi for wedding shopping.
- Step 5: Most stores have an online presence so research their stores and look at their bridal collections before hand
- Step 6: Map it out, Mumbai traffic is brutal so plan your day logically
- Step 7: Make a timeline for your shopping adventure, you could spend 2 weeks just window shopping if you don’t have a plan and are bound to become overwhelmed
We have also found that brides are now hiring personal shoppers in Mumbai and Delhi. They send them pictures of items that they like and are looking for and the personal wedding shopper creates a store list based on photos of their wedding items.
If you are planning to do some serious shopping then you may want to stay in the area. You may also want to hire a driver so that you can keep all your bags in the car as you shop.