Instagram your desi wedding
Here’s our guide on getting started with your wedding hashtag
- Come up with a relevant hashtag, a few ways to come up with a hashtag:
- Something that you both are known for
- Do you have a couple name that your friends call you? #ThePatels #themiglanis2015 #patelpartyof2
- You can use a combination of your names #rajandtash #krupa&karan #spritli #rosoun
- Your “wedding” hashtag can be used well after your wedding day as you and your Mr. are jet setting to your honeymoon, moving into your new place, and just living daily life as Mr. & Mrs.
- Once you have narrowed down your choice, search Instagram for the hashtags and make sure no one else is using them. You wouldn’t want pictures of Shashi and her lovely cats mingled in with your wedding photos!
- Yay, now you’ve got your hashtag! What’s next? Add it to the bottom of your Indian wedding invitations, and on your wedding website!
- Letting your friends & family know your hashtag before your wedding date will allow them to capture those moments prior to the big day and wedding prep get togethers!
Check out our article on different ways to use your hashtag on your wedding day and how to print your photos after!
One last quick note before we go, on the day of your Big Fat Indian Wedding, you can create a live stream of Instagram photos for a wonderful slideshow that your guests can see. There are a few companies out there that provide this amazing service:
Thanks for visiting our South Asian wedding site, we hope we’ve helped you find inspiration, tips & tricks for your desi wedding!
*Photo credit Ms. Design Berry visit her etsy page to purchase your custom sign today!