This year, Shaadi Bazaar’s annual Spring Wedding Show features a new learning tool for brides and grooms to be – a fake Indian wedding! It is an immersive bridal show where Brides and Grooms to be can see, taste, meet and chat with vendors in one place. It’s the first of it’s kind in the South Asian wedding industry and we want you to be a part of it!
Since we are putting together a shortened wedding from beginning to end, we are in need of wedding couples to be our Bride and groom for the day. Ideally, we’re looking for a married couple who may have gone through one of these issues at their own wedding:
- Something didn’t go according to plan, and you want the chance to have a ‘re-do’ of your wedding day with a few members of your bridal party and parents.
- You wished the final product was different from one of your vendors: your photos, outfit, makeup etc.
- You rushed to plan your wedding and wished you had more time to plan your big day better.
Our mission, with your help, is to help educate brides, grooms and their families on what is involved with an Indian wedding while showcasing our local wedding vendors.
We are looking for a couple that is fun, laid back and easy to relate to that is willing to spend the day with us and re-enact an Indian wedding.
Bonus!!! Thuy Pham Photography and Love Decor will be the two of the vendors for your ‘fake’ wedding day.
It’s important to note that you should be comfortable in front of a crowd. We will work with you to finalize the look of your wedding day.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org Email Subject: BFIW Contest
- Submit a well thought out paragraph about why we should choose you and your husband to walk down the aisle again
- Attach 5-10 images showcasing both of you in your outfits, jewelry, bridal portrait, etc from your wedding day
- Also include your phone number and best time to contact you
Frequently Asked Questions
Are we allowed to invite friends and family?
Yes! Ideally you will provide two bridesmaids and two groomsmen, we would love for these to be friends or family members of yours. You are also welcome to invite 3-6 family members or friends to come and enjoy the evening. These folks often serve as “party starters” at the event, helping to steal the shoes, shower you with flowers. If you have trouble finding two bridesmaids and groomsmen who can come, we can help fill those slots for you.
What is the time commitment leading up to the event?
This varies depending on the vendors that are signed up, but at most, it is:
- a preliminary call with our team
- a meeting to go through your wedding day look, jewelry and clothing,
- a walk through at the hotel the week of the event.
- Plan to be with us for the day
What is the schedule like the day of the event?
You can view a sample schedule here, although please note that these are always subject to change depending on the venue, date, and time of the event.
Do we have to pay to be a part of this event?
Nope! We choose couples who truly understand what we do and why we do it, and as a thank you for representing our vendors and our missions well, we don’t charge a thing. You’ll receive the photos shot by Thuy Pham Photography after the event, as a gift for your participation in the show.
Who do I reach out to if I have questions before the big day?
After you submit this agreement, you’ll hear from a member of our team. You can reach out to this person with any questions leading up to the event, and they will be your on-site contact as well.
Terms and Conditions
AS THE FEATURED COUPLE, YOU COMMIT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- I understand that I will need to be on time for the vendors on the day of the event.
- I understand and agree that the cast members will need to be available the entire day of The Big Fake Indian Wedding. I understand that the exact arrival times will be communicated with me prior to the event. I understand and agree to be present and on-time the day of the event.
- I understand and agree that I will need to provide my own clothing, undergarments and potentially shoes.
- I understand and agree that I will not be compensated for my participation in the event.
- I understand and agree that I will find two bridesmaids and two groomsmen to participate in the event.
While Thuy Pham Photography and Films with Heart will be capturing your day, we will all be utilizing the photos for future social media posts. You will need to sign a Model Release form allowing us permission to use the photos for promotional purposes.