What every Indian Fusion wedding must have!
If you read our last blog about Planning an Indian Fusion Wedding, here’s some extra tips to incorporate both cultures throughout the entire wedding weekend! Trust us, your guests will love these 10 easy and thoughtful items to make their attendance at your Indian fusion wedding more comfortable.
As you already know, food can make or break any event, so with 2 different cultures, you can provide food that represents both cultures and will make guests comfortable.
- Do not just label the food with the name- go the extra step and provide labels with a description of the item (someone who has never had Indian food won’t know what malai kofta is).
- Make sure both types of food are being represented in each course.
- Ask caterers about custom menus – you never know what Indian fusion items they can come up with (lobster samosas, anyone?)
- Create stations to represent different types of food (a carving station at the reception).
With so many events and various locations, help guests of your Indian fusion wedding weekend navigate with a quick agenda.
- Agenda in the welcome bags – you can go into more detail about the events for example- the baraat- “Wear comfy shoes and dance with the groom as he makes his way to greet the bride’s family by the mandap!”
- Wedding Programs are a great place to help decipher the wedding ceremony and related rituals. Especially the significance of the 7 steps and the Vidhai. You can also ask the Priest to explain the ceremony in English as he goes through it.
This is the one and only place for you to provide information for your guests and answer all the questions they may have before you start getting direct phone calls and texts.
- Dress code – whether people change or not from event to event- the formality of each event, type of dress for each event, etc.
- Brief explanation of events for guests that are not familiar.
- Along with the description of the ceremonies, give your guests an idea of the length of events.For example: Wedding- 2 hour ceremony.
- Any strict items such as no black at the ceremony.
Thank you for visiting our South Asian wedding site, we hope you found this article on 10 must have items at your Indian Fusion wedding helpful. If you have any questions, leave a comment and we will personally address it.