The BEST first dance songs
For a lot of couples, choosing a first dance song is easy because they may have a song that means something special to them. But not everyone has a ‘special song’ and when all eyes are on the bride and groom for their first dance, the perfect song is so important. Try to find a song that’s meaningful and sentimental to both of you and something that’s easy to dance to. As always, we’ve taken the legwork out for you, we’ve created multiple playlists on our youtube page so you can listen to them all without having to search for them.
Here are some old and new songs that we love for a first dance. (in no particular order) We have a more extensive list on our youtube page.
1. At Last – Etta James (Beyonce has an excellent version too)
2. All My Life – K-Ci and JoJo
3. Amazed – Lonestar
4. Always – Atlantic Star
5. Sea of Love – Del Shannons
6. La La Means I Love You – Delfonics
7. I Swear – All For One
8. Marry Me – Train
9. I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
10. Wanted – Hunter Hayes
11. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
12. Then – Brad Paisley
13. You Are The Best Thing – Ray Lamontagne
14. God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
15. Crazy Love- Brian McKnight
16. Amazed – Lonestar
17. Marry Me – Train
18. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
19. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
20. Marry You- Bruno Mars
21. Stay with You- John Legend
22. Spend My Life With You- Eric Benet & Tamia
23. You and Me- Dave Matthews
Some more unique ideas for a first dance:
- Do a medley of a slow and a fast song to keep things moving and make it fun.
- Choreograph your own first dance like this couple did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVQUdq7UoyU#t=179
- Wow your guests with a re-enactment of everyone’s favorite Dirty Dancing scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhlm9GTAQ0#t=11
No matter what you decide- don’t lose sight on what this moment means- it is your first dance as husband and wife, it is a special song and a dance that you and all of your friends and family will remember and cherish and it is something you want to look back on and remember as one of the highlights of the best day of your lives.
Stay tuned for reception entrance songs, mother/son and father/daughter dance song choices! And head over to our You Tube page to see more first dance song options!